(as of Jun 22,2021 01:31:04 UTC – Details)
Big Tech’s 21st century dominance over the Internet is being challenged, creating a new frontier of opportunity for those familiar with the territory. Today’s technology headlines are filled with terms such as bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and Web3, while separately making frequent mention of Big Tech’s censorship, antitrust, and microtargeting. At the middle ground between these topics is a secret war taking place between FAAMG and decentralized technologies over the Internet of tomorrow. Its outcome will, in turn, control the fortunes of corporations, institutions, governments, and individuals. At this future’s foundation is the promising concept of blockchain, whose precise definition and applications have remained frustratingly elusive.
In Blockchain Wars: The Future of Big Tech Monopolies and the Blockchain Internet, Evan McFarland deploys an encyclopedic grasp of the blockchain landscape to help tech entrepreneurs, business owners, government leaders, cryptocurrency investors, and other industry professionals fit together the separate pieces of a widely-dispersed technological puzzle that, once solved, will help us improve our daily lives, as well as the trajectory of modern technologies.
A balanced mixture of hard science and bold speculation, Blockchain Wars is the definitive guide to both the present and the future of blockchain technology.
The many topics covered include Web3’s structure; the future of privacy; digital governance; decentralized autonomous organizations; blockchain identities; financial infrastructure; IoT supply chains; organizational transparency; and the Internet Computer.
- The true story of Cambridge Analytica and why data monopolies behave nothing like how journalists depict
- The Internet hierarchy dynamic and how it dictates the role and limitations of every entrepreneur
- The role of blockchain governance mechanisms in restructuring institutional hierarchies
- Detailed descriptions of how a blockchain-based equivalent of FAAMG would operate
- An overview of the leading projects racing to create a decentralized Internet
- A practical guide for how blockchain infrastructure platforms could crush Big Tech and vice versa
Things you will learn:
- The structure of blockchains and the decentralized Internet
- The inner workings of the boldest blockchain solutions in the data management, finance, and industrial space
- How digital governance works and why it will make or break blockchain technologies
- How blockchain’s interoperability problem will be solved
- What divisions of blockchain technology are and are not a part of an Internet paradigm shift
- The history of Internet protocols and what that tells us about their future